There are a lot of choices when it comes to types, shapes, sizes and prices for prefabricated and modular homes for sale in Australia. When looking at a prefabricated or modular home, you need to ask some questions to ensure that the home will be certified through your local council.
These are must ask questions when enquiring about a prefabricated and modular home:
- Is this a class 1A dwelling?
- Have you had any issues getting the home certified?
- Can they be certified in QLD?
- Do you have any customer testimonials I can read?
- Does your prefabricated and modular home come with a form 15 engineers design certificate? this is required for council approval and reassures you that it is structurally sound.
- Does your plumbing for waste and sewerage conform to Australian standards and does your plumber use DWV pipe?
- Does your prefabricated and modular home come with hard-wired smoke detectors? can you supply form 16 for this? this will be required for certification.
- Do your prefabricated and modular homes come with Australian certified windows, do they also come with a form 15 and form 16 for design and installation?
- Do you have a prefabricated or modular display home that we can view?
- Can we view your certification for your display home?
- Are the ceilings in the prefabricated home or modular home at least 2400mm high? They need to be, for it to be a habitable building in Australia.
- Have you been informed, that there is no requirement for a laundry to be installed for a granny flat?
- Does your prefabricated or modular home come with a warranty? Can I see a copy of your warranty?
- Is your certification cost inclusive to the quote?
- Does your prefabricated or modular home require stumps or foundation?
- Does your prefabricated or modular home stumps/foundation come with form 15-16 design and installation certificates?
You should always do your research, not only on the prices for prefabricated and modular homes in Australia but the quality as well.
Buying a prefabricated or modular home is easy when you follow a few guidelines as mentioned above.
We at Pop Up Homes, are passionate about providing affordable housing solutions and want to ensure that our customers have the best experience possible.
Pop Up Homes will assist you in every we can to save you on cost without sacrificing quality.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact us on 1300121556 or you can visit our Pop Up Home facebook page https://www.facebook.com/popuphomes/
Not sure on your council rules and regulations? this article will help you. https://popuphomes.com.au/secondary-dwellings-granny-flats-and-council-rules-and-regulations/